[ US /ˌθɹɑmboʊˈɫɪtɪk/ ]
- a kind of pharmaceutical that can break up clots blocking the flow of blood to the heart muscle
How To Use thrombolytic In A Sentence
- It showed that patients treated with thrombolytic therapy had a higher death rate, increased risk of major hemorrhage and an increased rate of PE recurrence when compared with patients treated surgically with embolectomy.
- Even so, thrombolytic therapy of pulmonary embolism does not dissolve the clot completely as it does with acute coronary thrombosis, and increases the risk of bleeding.
- Aspirin and blockers are cheap generic drugs, but most thrombolytic agents are not.
- Do not take with thrombolytic or blood thinning medications see p. The Best Alternative Medicine
- Objective: to determine the content of Astragalus Root methyl glycoside in Huanwu thrombolytic capsule.
- There are circumstances in which the incorrect diagnosis and inappropriate administration of a thrombolytic would be disastrous; for example, acute pericarditis.
- Now not all of those deliver thrombolytic therapy, there's another tier of units that are tPA capable and that brings in the issue of hospital bypass and selection of patients in the field for thrombolysis, which is a tricky issue. Undefined
- Available modes of treatment include bowel-sparing approaches such as surgical laparotomy with embolectomy or local infusion of thrombolytic agents via an abdominal aortic catheter.
- What about intentionally giving thrombolytic drugs after myocardial infarction?
- Improved thrombolytic therapy will most likely consist of potent specific plasminogen activators in combination with targeted anticoagulant and/or antiplatelet agents.