- any of various small to minute sucking insects with narrow feathery wings if any; they feed on plant sap and many are destructive
How To Use thrip In A Sentence
- Because of the harm of thrips ' to alfalfa, both production and quality decrease substantially.
- Thrips probe plant, fungus, and animal tissues with the slender mouthparts, and suck out fluid contents.
- Thrips, as thysanopterans are commonly called, are slender and may be winged or wingless.
- The most common insect pests of scallions are thrips, which arrive in mid-June and are a particular problem in dry weather, and occasionally cutworms or armyworms.
- Some insecticides for thrips management include spinetoram and spinosad, dimethoate, methomyl, and flonicamid. Western Farm Press RSS Feed
- Here, we present the entire nucleotide sequence of the mt genome of the plague thrips, Thrips imaginis (Thysanoptera).
- If aphids, thrips or other insects invade your rose bushes, you may be able to force them off with just a strong spray of water.
- Only the third fossil thrips ever found, the woodland insect lived when Africa was part of a giant supercontinent called Gondwana.
- Before putting the corms and cormels into storage, dust them with an insecticide for thrip control.
- Sticky traps for trapping and killing to have good result to the small insects, such as aphids, whitefly, Leafhopper, vegetable leaf miner, thrips, etc.