[ US /ˈθɹɛʃɝ/ ]
[ UK /θɹˈɛʃɐ/ ]
[ UK /θɹˈɛʃɐ/ ]
- a farm machine for separating seeds or grain from the husks and straw
- large pelagic shark of warm seas with a whiplike tail used to round up small fish on which to feed
How To Use thresher In A Sentence
- Populations of thresher sharks are down by 80 per cent and great whites by 79%.
- Caught in a gill net in the Gulf of California, this thresher shark is among the estimated 100m sharks killed annually for their fins.
- I just commented on one of the photos of a guy in another gallery with a record thresher shark. A Big Croc of...
- In the last few years, 55, 000 reptile skins from India, 19, 000 big-eye thresher shark fins in Ecuador and 23 metric tonnes of pangolin in Asia have all been seized.
- Dr Ken Collins of Southampton Oceanography Centre added: ‘I know of a Isle of Wight fisherman who managed to catch a 340 lb big eye thresher shark.’
- Made in 1957 for my grandfather, constructed out of naval serge and cut by a master at Thresher and Glenny, it's a dazzling bit of three-piece craftsmanship.
- One enduring memory of this wreck was that of a 4m thresher shark lazily cruising the 10m contour above us as we ascended.
- They would have been like wheat under the thresher when the creatures overran the house. Crimson Wind
- Some of the hardest pulling fish I have experienced is the bluefin tuna, mako shark, thresher shark, but hands down the strongest fish .... What Fish Pulls the Hardest?
- Mr. Cahm Gastineau, an old time thresherman, and my friend for 60 years, took care of sacking the grain.