[ US /ˈθɹɛʃ/ ]
[ UK /θɹˈɛʃ/ ]
[ UK /θɹˈɛʃ/ ]
- beat the seeds out of a grain
move or stir about violently
The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed
move like a flail; thresh about
Her arms were flailing
- give a thrashing to; beat hard
How To Use thresh In A Sentence
- In summary, Dr. Green, after studying and researching this question for over 20 years, it is my firm conviction that aspartame lowers seizure threshold, mimics or exacerbates a wide variety of neuropsychiatric disorders, contributes to the incidence of certain cancers, and because of it's impact on the hypothalamic "appestat" plays a significant role in the world-wide epidemic of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Psychiatry Professor informs Hawaii House Health Committee of Dangers of Aspartame, as Medical Professional
- MR. BELL: Well, we have informed the Congress that the part one agreement already rose to the threshold, if you will, of representing a change to the treaty -- what we call a substantive modification -- and therefore, would require congressional approval. Briefing By Robert Bell On Helsinki Agreements
- To determine the exact width and thickness of the pieces you'll need, lift up a heat register or threshold and measure the exposed ends of the floorboards.
- And still major leaguers blew it last season, triggering a more stringent form of testing by exceeding the five-percent threshold of positive results.
- The Bonanza crossed the runway threshold while the helicopter was still about 250 feet from a planned touchdown point of 1500 feet down the runway.
- To compete, WiMAX needs to build out now, before LTE gains a threshold in major markets — but that WiMAX buildout is in doubt. Our Readers Take on the LTE v. WiMAX Debate
- My favourite variety of thresher is miscanthus, otherwise known as elephant grass. Times, Sunday Times
- They play urban refugees - an unhappily married man and a coffee-shop girl burdened by her ill father - on the threshold of potential love.
- As expected the bill will introduce a 50 per cent turnout threshold for strike ballots. Times, Sunday Times
- I beg for each and all of you confirmations and assistance from the threshold of oneness, so that those gatherings may become ignited like unto candles, in the republics of America, enkindling the light of the love of God in the hearts; thus the rays of the heavenly teachings may begem and brighten the states of America like the infinitude of immensity with the stars of the Most Great Guidance. Tablets of the Divine Plan