[ US /ˈθɪn/ ]
[ UK /θˈɪn/ ]
[ UK /θˈɪn/ ]
lacking spirit or sincere effort
a thin smile
relatively thin in consistency or low in density; not viscous
skimmed milk is much thinner than whole milk
air is thin at high altitudes
a thin soup
(of sound) lacking resonance or volume
a thin feeble cry
of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section
a thin book
a thin chiffon blouse
a thin layer of paint
trees were sparse
a thin beard
lacking substance or significance
a tenuous argument
a thin plot
a fragile claim to fame
lacking excess flesh
you can't be too rich or too thin
Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look
a thin line across the page
lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
- take off weight
make thin or thinner
Thin the solution
- lose thickness; become thin or thinner
the blood was flowing thin
How To Use thin In A Sentence
- A thin veil of fog had rolled in off the bay, obscuring his view and coating the area in a pale gray-white mist.
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?
- A heart will not be hurt for pursuing a dream, when you truly want something, all the universe conspires to help you complete the.
- Elisabeth found herself with a straggle of colonists in a mosquito-ridden, uncleared jungle where sandflies bored into the skin of the feet and the clay soil was so intractable that nothing would grow.
- Before Malfurion could ask who she meant, Tyrande brought the glaive up in a salute and murmured something in the hidden tongue of the Sisterhood. WORLD OF WARCRAFT STORMRAGE
- As he ran past, the arquebusier shouted something about Susanoo, the kami of storms, and how he was punishing them for their arrogance. Blood Ninja II
- I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
- Before we did anything we wrote and rewrote the script until we felt what we had got written down was a really good story.
- The hat, I think the style was called fedora, had a dark band and a dint in the top, which my father would sometimes correct with a chopping action of his right hand.