[ US /ˈθɪɫ/ ]
- one of two shafts extending from the body of a cart or carriage on either side of the animal that pulls it
How To Use thill In A Sentence
- I'd have been content to wait out the weather in my tent, but Ron consulted his topo map and we headed off, marching along a streambed into foggy nothingness, south toward the foothills.
- The anthill is well built that even the heaviest storm will not destroy it.
- Mr. Cuthill states that it is a mistake to pack them in dry sand or earth for the winter; and that the same may be said of parsnips, carrots, salsify, scorzonera, and similar roots. The Field and Garden Vegetables of America Containing Full Descriptions of Nearly Eleven Hundred Species and Varietes; With Directions for Propagation, Culture and Use.
- To investigate further, the biologists took to subalpine forests in the foothills of Mount Fuji, where the cuckoos lay their eggs in the nests of red-flanked bush robins.
- Ambrose was born into a farming family in the townland of Castlerock on the foothills of the Ox Mountains.
- Coastal wetlands are also characteristic of this ecoregion, and near the first foothills of the western range there are some arid, rocky scrublands with abrupt relief, where columnar, candelabra and opuntia cacti typically grow. Sechura desert
- Some of the best walking is in the wooded foothills and deep river valleys of the region called La Vera. Times, Sunday Times
- Lavarack Barracks is bound to the south by the imposing outcrop of Mt Stuart, with its range of foothills, and spreads northwards across a flat plain to the east-west axis of University Drive.
- It is a major drain on police resources in Swindon, and the newspaper has recently reported problems in Toothill, Freshbrook, Stratton and Highworth.
- And a seemingly never-ending procession of leafcutter ants tack diagonally across the next spot in the trail on a pheromone-driven mission to and from their monolithic anthills.