- a fertile plain on the Aegean Sea in east central Greece; Thessaly was a former region of ancient Greece
How To Use Thessaly In A Sentence
- At the present day the Greek women of Thessaly and the Isle of Chios wear a head-dress exactly resembling the antique sakkos. Museum of Antiquity A Description of Ancient Life
- Now we have a Dock! Let us build Transports, then set sail for Thessaly. We will know our destination by the goats grazing there.
- Pelopidas into Thessaly to assist their allies among the Hellenica
- Tyrnavo, in Thessaly, printed cottons are prepared. Art and Handicraft in the Woman's Building of the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, 1893
- 371 In Sparta the lover was called or x and the beloved as in Thessaly or x. The Book of The Thousand Nights And A Night
- Arrhidaeus: Half brother of Alexander and son of Philip II by one of his seven wives, Philinna of Thessaly. Alexander the Great
- Pierium, location unknown, but probably in southern Thessaly: Map 5.7, BX. THE LANDMARK THUCYDIDES
- Trebellianus; Piso in Thessaly; Valens in Achaia; Aemilianus in The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
- This perceivable be exilic, he baboonish be resedaceae out of our remediation, out of our thessaly, and out of our combustibility. Rational Review
- Thessaly is a powerful and immortal witch who has been around since the times of Ancient Greece. Dewey's Amazing Graphic Novels Challenge!