[ US /ˈθiˌziəs/ ]
- (Greek mythology) a hero and king of Athens who was noted for his many great deeds: killed Procrustes and the Minotaur and defeated the Amazons and united Attica
How To Use Theseus In A Sentence
- Ariadne is this character in Greek myth who accompanies Theseus on his dangerous expedition to the heart of the labyrinth to kill the dreaded Minotaur.
- Icarus, Minos, Pasiphae, Theseus and Ariadne had taken the place of Red Ridinghood and Cinderella in her infant mind. THE QUEST FOR K
- Theseus: I serve and protect the Sisters of Fate for the glory of Zeus!
- Based on the Greek legend of Theseus trying to catch and slay the Minotaur, this is a wonderful story ably told.
- Theseus leaped to the defense of the bride and struck down the Gentaur who was trying to carry her off.
- With Theseus, she would want him to harness the horse, guide the chariot, take the sword.
- The intriguing "Phaedra" 2007 is only superficially about the Greek myth of Theseus's wife, who lusts after her stepson Hippolyt and, when he rejects her, contrives his death and commits suicide. Divided Inside, in Theme and Structure
- The other story is much more favorable to Theseus.
- What's more, Ariadne was abducted before Theseus could confess his love!
- The play begins with Adrastus and the Argive mothers seeking help from Aithra and her son Theseus within the Temple of Demeter. Capsule Summaries of the Great Books of the Western World