[ UK /θˈɜːməsfˌiə/ ]
- the atmospheric layer between the mesosphere and the exosphere
How To Use thermosphere In A Sentence
- Whilst carbon dioxide is causing a global rise in temperature at the Earth's surface, it has the opposite effect in the upper part of the atmosphere known as the thermosphere.
- It lies between 60 and 100 kilometres up, that is above the stratosphere where all the ozone is, and below the thermosphere where our atmosphere trails off towards the vacuum of space.
- The thermosphere is the layer of the atmosphere above the mesosphere. PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories
- Marcello's accelerometer data shows a lot of inversion layers in the thermosphere, at elevations of 1,020, 980, 800, 680, 600, and 510 kilometers.
- After the thermosphere is the thermopause, which is the outer most boundary of the thermosphere.
- Free moving particles in the thermosphere are preventing our departure from Los Angeles. 365 tomorrows » 2009 » March : A New Free Flash Fiction SciFi Story Every Day
- The layer of gas - called the thermosphere - is now rebounding again. T r u t h o u t
- If the layers are characterized by the rate at which temperature changes with height, then the atmosphere is split into four layers: the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, and thermosphere.
- Above the earth were the layers of the atmosphere—troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere—and above those was the void of space. The Omega Theory
- There are no significant sources of heat in the mesosphere as there are in the stratosphere below and the thermosphere above.