[ US /ˈθɝməɫ/ ]
[ UK /θˈɜːməl/ ]
[ UK /θˈɜːməl/ ]
- rising current of warm air
caused by or designed to retain heat
a thermal burn
relating to or associated with heat
the caloric effect of sunlight
thermal movements of molecules
of or relating to a hot spring
How To Use thermal In A Sentence
- He may have misspoke, or thinking in Fahrenheit terms multiplied by the compression to get the geothermal energy available with current technology. Newsvine - Get Smarter Here
- We then build a multispectral image consisting of five spectral bands (visible, near-IR, and three thermal IR channels) and use the program for further processing and interpretation.
- For further purification one may install either chemical or thermal equipment for destruction of remaining odour components.
- Mercury is thermally desorbed from solid samples, trapped on an in-line gold trap, and subsequently determined by cold-vapour atomic absorption spectrometry.
- To test the theory of a chemoautotrophic origin of life in a volcanic, hydrothermal setting, we explored mechanisms for the buildup of bio-organic compounds by carbon fixation on catalytic transition metal precipitates. Dawkins on the OOL
- Other eurythermal ectothermic marine organisms have been examined for their HSP responses.
- Inconsistencies and nonparallelisms abound: cisatlantic is in but not cisalpine; tramontane but not cismontane; poikilothermal but not homoiothermal. VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol 1 No 2
- A police chopper tried to spot the snake from the air with its thermal imaging camera. The Sun
- I was bundled up in only one coat and a long-sleeved tee shirt, with some thermals and pants over them, along with hiking boots.
- Iceland has five geothermal power plants. Times, Sunday Times