[ UK /θˈɛnsɪfˌɔːθ/ ]
[ US /ˌðɛnsˈfɔɹθ/ ]
[ US /ˌðɛnsˈfɔɹθ/ ]
from that time on
thereafter he never called again
How To Use thenceforth In A Sentence
- 'By this Art, which whoso will may sacrilegiously degrade into a handicraft,' adds Teufelsdröckh, 'have I thenceforth abidden. Sartor Resartus, and On Heroes, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History
- Thenceforth for a dozen years his name reappeared annually on one, two, or three volumes. A Life of William Shakespeare with portraits and facsimiles
- Thenceforth for some weeks backward and forward rush mysterious men with no names, who fly about all those particular parts of the country on which Doodle is at present throwing himself in an auriferous and malty shower, but who are merely persons of a restless disposition and never do anything anywhere. Bleak House
- He was interred within the walls with great military pomp in the centre of what thenceforth became the chief agora; he was proclaimed oecist, or founder of the town; and was worshipped as a hero with annual games and sacrifices. A Smaller history of Greece From the earliest times to the Roman conquest
- As First Consul, he introduced the 20-franc gold piece and insisted that from thenceforth soldiers, contractors, and merchants would be paid only in gold, or its equivalent.
- So from 6.45 pm on Monday, and every Monday thenceforth, the balls will be bouncing at Traeger's Tennis Courts.
- Jehovah ; for it is thenceforth that the prophets, in reproving Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible
- Eager to show itself worthy of the status it enjoyed, and to obtain popular support, the church in 1834 passed a law of its own, ordaining that thenceforth no presentee to a parish church should be admitted if he was objected to by a majority of the male communicants of the congregation.
- He then went on to found George Watson's Hospital, a famous Edinburgh school, where he ensured that double-entry accounting was thenceforth taught.
- And as they pass the Place of Unchangingness they return themselves to the true Piurivar form, and maintain it thenceforth. VALENTINE PONTIFEX