[ US /ˈðɛn/ ]
[ UK /ðˈɛn/ ]
[ UK /ðˈɛn/ ]
at that time
science as it was then taught
prices were lower back then
I was young then
subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors)
we watched the late movie and then went to bed
go left first, then right
then he left
first came lightning, then thunder
and so home and to bed
in that case or as a consequence
then you'll be rich
if he didn't take it, then who did?
you've made up your mind then?
the case, then, is closed
keep it then if you want to
at a specific prior time
the then president
that time; that moment
we were friends from then on
we will arrive before then
How To Use then In A Sentence
- Since then neither the printer nor wireless internet router appeared to be working. Times, Sunday Times
- But then on the other hand, the whole cosmos or universe is based on this love or compassion.
- Then there are the PIP implant problems that thousands of women have had to contend with. The Sun
- We need first of all a fact finding mission and then we need to put together a coalition of conservators, a cultural coalition.
- You can't have a show called Politically Incorrect and then abjectly apologize for not being PC.
- Deirdre cast him one last look, then shut her eyes tight.
- By then, the town had been well-fortified and withstood a siege of nine weeks before the Mexicans were forced to surrender from starvation. Cinco de Mayo: What is everybody celebrating?
- Taiwan grabbed two gold medals, two silvers and one bronze at the Athens Olympics.
- The seeds were then cut in half longitudinally and deposited on a sterile Whatman No.1 filter paper impregnated with 1% tetrazolium chloride.
- In her house apron and with her hair a little ruffled she looked younger, startled and then angry. THE WHITE DOVE