[ US /ˈθiətɝ/ ]
[ UK /θˈiətɐ/ ]
[ UK /θˈiətɐ/ ]
a region in which active military operations are in progress
he served in the Vietnam theater for three years
the army was in the field awaiting action
a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
the house was full
- the art of writing and producing plays
How To Use theater In A Sentence
- My constant fear is that we're going to run out of writers in Chicago, " said Mr. Griffith, 27, who in his spare time is a theater critic for The Chicago Reader, an alternative paper.
- Saw her awhile back at the Community Theater, as a matter of fact.
- A drop-dead-gorgeous crowd was tangoing away in a makeshift, open-air amphitheater.
- His interest was in opening the nightclub next to the theater, in the abandoned Trailways bus depot.
- It is one thing to play-act the gender role of frightened female in a movie theater where the horror is only simulated, but do I want to perform that same gender construction in real life?
- He says to the ‘Outcasts of America… We make theater, we make community ’, thus finding a way to ‘entertain and educate the solitaries that make up a community’.
- we were so far back in the theater, we could barely read the subtitles
- Opera is music, drama, literature, dance, theater and art as a comprehensive integration of art, usually by the Aria, Recitative, ensemble, chorus, Overture, Intermezzo , dances and other components.
- Koenig, a literary and theater critic, lives in London.
- In the center of town was a stage and amphitheater which last night held the town's large orchestra and a glee club.