[ UK /θˈæŋks/ ]
[ US /ˈθæŋks/ ]
[ US /ˈθæŋks/ ]
with the help of or owing to
thanks to hard work it was a great success
- an acknowledgment of appreciation
How To Use thanks In A Sentence
- The second section of an ancient Greco - Roman letter was prayer or a word of thanks.
- Thanks to her doctor’s recommendations she finds herself feeling decafargic by noon. cardiacpopups – the messages that popup on your computer when you are in the middle of an important project and warn you that your computer is about to conk out. on 07 Sep 2007 at 5: 52 pm Kimberly defurrify – to remove pet hair/dander from a person or thing on 07 Sep 2007 at 6: 12 pm Heather Writer Unboxed » Blog Archive » Writer Unboxed’s CONTEST, CONTEST!
- Kij: Nice to see Dream-Quest receive such prominence with that fantastic Gervasio Gallardo cover, inseparable from the contents thanks to childhood associations very similar to yours. MIND MELD: Books That Hold Special Places in Our Hearts and On Our Shelves
- They all escaped after jumping from the top floor of the burning house thanks to their neighbours' help.
- Thanks for all your support on the day of the funeral.
- McGill University, however, has found a way to increase access to its rare books - thanks to a lot of grant money and one badass digital camera.
- Helen closed the door behind the man, and said a silent prayer of thanks.
- Despite the noise, they hadn't got in, and Sam offered up silent thanks to the miller who had built so well. LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR
- Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves. Henry Ward Beecher
- Thanks for your kind words about the articles, but why did you feel fear and trepidation?