[ US /ˈθeɪn/ ]
[ UK /θˈeɪn/ ]
[ UK /θˈeɪn/ ]
- a feudal lord or baron
- a man ranking above an ordinary freeman and below a noble in Anglo-Saxon England (especially one who gave military service in exchange for land)
How To Use thane In A Sentence
- He expanded this idea to the propose the ‘deep, hot biosphere’ which both generates methane and adds biogenic signatures to inorganic petroleum, and that part, at least, is looking more correct every year.
- The molecular parameters of 12 halogenated ethanes were fit to experimental data for vapor pressure and saturated liquid density.
- In this paper, several curing agent of polyurethane were synthesized. Influences of solid content and dosage of TDI tripolymer on different PU adhesion high initial bonding strength were discussed.
- This microfibre fabric is made of nylon and polyurethane and has the suppleness, softness and appearance of suede.
- Company is also engaged in production of downstream products from polyurethane-coated yarn, while equity participation, or holding a number of real estate companies, food and beverage companies.
- Microbes decompose organic waste into a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide.
- Concentrations of methane have risen from 700 parts per billion (ppb) to 1,745 ppb. Times, Sunday Times
- The pieces would then be fed into a "gasifier," where the materials would be turned into a gas containing hydrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, methane and other hydrocarbons. ENS
- We have a good record in the management of greenhouse gases like fluorocarbons and methane, and solely restricting carbon dioxide emissions will have a direct impact on industry.
- Some examples of POPS are polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins, and pesticides like dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT), chlordane, and dieldrin. Baby Bites