[ US /ˈtɛkst/ ]
[ UK /tˈɛkst/ ]
[ UK /tˈɛkst/ ]
a book prepared for use in schools or colleges
his economics textbook is in its tenth edition
the professor wrote the text that he assigned students to buy
the main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.)
pictures made the text easier to understand
the words of something written
they handed out the printed text of the mayor's speech
he wants to reconstruct the original text
there were more than a thousand words of text
a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon
the preacher chose a text from Psalms to introduce his sermon
How To Use text In A Sentence
- Venuti advocates that translators create a discursive heterogeneity by using non-dominant English forms to make the foreignness of the source texts felt and render the translations visible.
- This textbook provides a modern and accessible introduction to magnetohydrodynamics.
- Mostly, however, she seems to be held in some kind of incommunicado status until they need a sound bite, and then they throw the power switch, download the text and out she spits it, with all the emotion of an automaton. Condi a Waste of Time
- The field is still popularly associated more with tents than texts: stones, bones, and potsherds.
- Moreover, don't these choices facilitate a feminist reading of the text, deconstructing sentimentality to expose masculine failings and feminine rebellion?
- We've seen how things turned out for Scotland's national football manager; matters are organised no differently in the more modest context that is Scottish shinty.
- But what of the emails, text messages and other private communications between government officials which aren't published online -- will Twitter and Facebook help "democratize" that information as well? Is Social Media Helping or Hurting California Politics?
- And that is exactly why I say "intelligence" in the context of ID is a dormitive principle: Bunny and a Book
- Did you notice the Google text ads at the top of the guestlist page? Scripting News for 12/28/2006 « Scripting News Annex
- It is mainly accomplished by using text in the same color as the background color of the page.