How To Use tetraspore In A Sentence
- The haploid tetraspores erminate and give rise to haploid gametophytic plants.
- The tetraspores and the gametophytes are the only haploid stages in the coralline algae.
- These different responses between tetraspores and carpospores, suggest a different ecophysiological response with regard to survival and interspecific competition in nature of the gametophyte vs sporophyte.
- The antheridia (Fig. 29, _E_) are hemispherical masses of closely set colorless cells, each of which develops a single spermatozoid which, like the tetraspores, is destitute of cilia, and is dependent upon the movement of the water to convey it to the neighborhood of the procarp. Elements of Structural and Systematic Botany For High Schools and Elementary College Courses
- The haploid tetraspore is released from this filament and is carried by water currents and tides to new locations.
- From subsequent examination of the shells, he concluded that tetraspore-bearing plants of Polysiphonia violacea had developed from carpospores and sexual plants from tetraspores of Griffithsia bornetiana and Dasya elegans.