[ UK /tˈɛtɹɐsˌaɪklaɪn/ ]
- an antibiotic (trade name Achromycin) derived from microorganisms of the genus Streptomyces and used broadly to treat infections
How To Use tetracycline In A Sentence
- The best way to avoid infections of this kind from A. buntonensis is to apply antibiotics such as gentamicin, amikacin, chloramphenicol and tetracycline to the wound immediately after the leech has released itself.
- Canada permits the use of several classes of medications as feed additives for cattle, including beta-antagonists such as ractopamine hydrochloride, which is related to asthma medications used by human beings, and antibiotics such as chlortetracycline hydrochloride, which is related to tetracycline medications that have been commonly used to treat infections in human beings. Canada.com Top Stories
- In its early stages, leptospirosis can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline and erythromycin.
- Teeth naturally get duller as we age and certain medications taken as a child, such as tetracycline, can give teeth a grayish hue. CNN Transcript Feb 14, 2004
- Several other drugs have been evaluated, including tetracycline, primaquine, sulfadiazine and pyrimethamine (Fansidar).
- The screen also identified four genes that make yeast sensitive to tetracycline and oxytetracycline, which are antibiotics used to treat Lyme disease, pneumonia, acne, bladder infections and ulcers.
- Tetracycline, doxycycline, or sulfamethoxazole taken on a daily basis may reduce the risk of plague.
- Even when they suspect mycoplasma infection, the standard course of treatment is usually in the form of antibiotics such as tetracycline or doxycycline, for several months.
- All patients responded favorably to treatment with folic acid and tetracycline.
- The amount of community-strain staph that possessed inducible clindamycin resistance was still low, however, and there were still plenty of other drug options for outpatient treatment: the tetracyclines; the fluoroquinolones; the sulfa drugs; and linezolid or Zyvox, a brand-new and therefore much more expensive drug that could also be taken orally. SUPERBUG