How To Use Testudines In A Sentence
- Doni  mentions the barbiton, defining it in his index as _Barbitos seu major chelys italice tiorba_, and deriving it from lyre and cithara in common with testudines, tiorbas and all tortoiseshell instruments. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 3, Part 1, Slice 3 "Banks" to "Bassoon"
- In terms of molecular structure, the researchers found the order Testudines to be closely related to the more recently evolved order Crocodilia.
- The first formal use of the word Testudines as a taxon name can be found in Batsch.
- Most likely, Testudines progressed in a unique evolutionary direction.
- The system is present in urodeles, caecilians, anurans, testudines, mammals, and lepidosaurs.
- All turtles are placed within the order Testudines.
- All these taxa are relevant to the history of the conquest of land by vertebrates because they are outside the large clades of extant tetrapods (Apoda, Caudata, Anura, Mammalia, Testudines, Sauria).