[ US /ˈtɝsɫi/ ]
in a short and concise manner
a particular bird, exactly and tersely described in the book of birds
How To Use tersely In A Sentence
- Having tersely summed up two arguments that I disagree with in various ways, I'll get on with my own argument.
- The theory of evolution offers a framework for understanding how terrestrial life has evolved sensory mechanisms for transducing various types of energy from the environment, such as light, heat, and mechanical energy, into electrical and chemical signals that ultimately guide physical behavior by, to summarize tersely, impacting on contractile elements in cells that, consuming chemical energy ultiamtely derived from solar energy, produce mechanical energy that results in motor movement. "War of the Weasels" article in new Skeptical Inquirer - The Panda's Thumb
- No man, it must be conceded by all who read this paper, could have spoken more simply and nobly over the dead at Gettysburg; more firmly, and at the same time wisely and moderately, on the question of emancipation; more tersely and unanswerably than in rebutting the charges of illegal arrests. The Magazines
- The composing of structured light sensor and the existing calibration methods are presented tersely.
- “I need to speak to you both, tonight,” he said tersely. Haven
- Hafiz Issail tersely informed me that Israel force had broken the young cease - fire .
- The range of emotions and experiences which is embraced in this short, tersely written narrative is remarkable, and this is reflected in the richness of its subsequent readings.
- The thin man complained and continued to argue but no-one took notice but Michael, who growled tersely at his cowardice.
- We have stood down the experiment site and the workforce that was preparing the site for the experiment," read the dry, tersely worded statement issued by the Defense Threat Reduction Agency last week, referring to the "subnuclear" blast known as Divine Strake, initially slated to go off in early June at the Nevada Test Site and twice-postponed because of local uproar and environmental challenges. Smiling Buddha
- After she was through, Vidal replied simply and tersely, ‘Are you running for office, madam?’