[ UK /tˌɜːmɪnˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ US /tɝməˈneɪʃən/ ]
[ US /tɝməˈneɪʃən/ ]
the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme)
I don't like words that have -ism as an ending
- a place where something ends or is complete
the act of ending something
the termination of the agreement
a coming to an end of a contract period
the expiry of his driver's license
something that results
he listened for the results on the radio
How To Use termination In A Sentence
- These observations will provide a valuable supplement to the simultaneous records of other expeditions, especially the British in McMurdo Sound and the German in Weddell Sea, above all as regards the hypsometer observations (for the determination of altitude) on sledge journeys. The South Pole~ Remarks on the Meteorological Observations at Framheim
- The manager never falters in his determination.
- The chancellor has declined to alter the co-determination of company decisions exercised by management and labor jointly.
- Could the hearts of kings and the counsels of cabinets be known with that literal exactness which is so desirable in politics, and yet so unattainable, we should probably find that Prussia's apparent readiness to lead Germany was owing to her determination that German armies should be led nowhere to the assistance of Austria. The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 07, No. 39, January, 1861
- It was not just established states that were eager narrowly to define the right of self-determination as a right end colonial status.
- However, on the day, they showed such determination and resolution that nothing could stand between them and victory.
- Indeed, the schemes of co-determination in Germany constitute functioning examples of shareholders sharing control with one other stakeholder group, namely the employees.
- Her mom turned her down at first, she hadn't the money to sign her up, but Mrs Deterville, recognizing the young tyke's determination and interest told her not to bother about the cash.
- Only in 1920 after Moscow cleared Russian chauvinists out of leadership of the Ukrainian Communist Party did the new Soviet administration seriously address aspirations for self-determination.
- However, Capt Amarinder Singh had also made it clear that Act also envisaged termination of all other agreements relating to Ravi-Beas waters and to discharge Punjab government from the obligations hereunder.