- any agent that interferes with normal embryonic development: alcohol or thalidomide or X-rays or rubella are examples
How To Use teratogen In A Sentence
- It be little toxic and be not carcinogenic, teratogenic . It can be degraded by microbe, and the catabolite is harmless to human , beast and aquatic animal.
- The use of nicotine replacement therapy in pregnancy can avoid exposure to teratogens such as carbon monoxide in tobacco smoke.
- Chronic toxicity may take the following forms: oncogenicity - cancercausing teratogenity - causing deformities in offspring mutagenicity - causing genetic mutations reproductive effects effecting an individual's capacity to bear young Chapter 12
- Adverse effects on nidation in rats, embryo viability in mice, and metabolism in vitro of rat testis and human spermatozoa have been attributed to Lithium, as have teratogenicity in submammalian species and cleft palate in mice. TreeHugger
- We chose to explore whether miRNA-34a/b/c, miRNA-125b and miRNA-155 may play a role in teratogenesis by using p53+/- pregnant mice treated with cyclophosphamide (CP) as a model. BioMed Central - Latest articles
- Women on anticonvulsant medication should be switched to the least teratogenic drug, and the smallest clinically effective dose.
- Essays on teratogenesis, with reference to batrachians, have been offered by Lombardini; and by Lereboullet and Knoch with reference to fishes. Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine
- Conclusion The methylmercury likely has the effect on behavioral teratogenesis of rats.
- The analysis of correlations between the expression pattern of the tested miRNAs and CP induced limb phenotypes implies that miRNAs regulating apoptosis may differ from each other with respect to their functional role in teratogenesis: some miRNAs act to protect embryos, whereas other miRNAs boost a teratogen-induced process of maldevelopment to induce embryonic death. BioMed Central - Latest articles
- A woman was exposed to a possible teratogen such as a live vaccine or cytotoxic drug when she was not protected by effective contraception.