- Sherpa mountaineer guide who with Sir Edmund Hillary was one of the first to attain the summit of Mount Everest (1914-1986)
How To Use Tenzing Norgay In A Sentence
- This makes it a little difficult for even the greatest power broker to gain the kind of perspective Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay had on Everest that day in May of 1953. Winner-Take-All Politics
- It was 1999 when the body was found, and that's when the debate began as to whether he might have been the first ever man, along with Irvine, to reach the summit of Everest without the aid of oxygen, beating Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay who are credited with the achievement in 1953. Filmstalker: George Mallary biographical film gets third attempt
- This May, Peter Hillary and Jamling Tenzing Norgay, the sons of the first Everest summiteers, will reach Base Camp after a leisurely trek with Brent Bishop, son of Barry Bishop, a member of the first successful American climb.
- In 1993 Tashi led the 40th Anniversary Everest Expedition to mark the 40th anniversary of the first successful expedition of his grandfather, Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
- Since Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay first scaled the mountain on May 29, 1953, there had been more than 4,000 ascents and countless other visitors to the base camps in China and Nepal. When a Billion Chinese Jump
- Whether the mountain was even "conquered" when it was successfully climbed and descended by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay from the Nepal side in 1953 is an open question. Ascent to Immortality
- Two members of British Everest party led by Sir John Hunt, Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay, became the first to climb the hitherto unconquered peak.
- At the halfway point, he battles with the dense jungle in soaring heat and 100% humidity with his faithful Tenzing Norgay, fellow lunatic Cho Sanchez Rivera. TV highlights 30/06/2011