[ UK /tˈɛndənəs/ ]
[ US /ˈtɛndɝnəs/ ]
[ US /ˈtɛndɝnəs/ ]
- a tendency to express warm and affectionate feeling
a positive feeling of liking
he had trouble expressing the affection he felt
the warmness of his welcome made us feel right at home
the child won everyone's heart
- a feeling of concern for the welfare of someone (especially someone defenseless)
a pain that is felt (as when the area is touched)
after taking a cold, rawness of the larynx and trachea come on
the best results are generally obtained by inserting the needle into the point of maximum tenderness
- warm compassionate feelings
How To Use tenderness In A Sentence
- It was a smile Elizabeth had never seen on her husband's face before; one so full of love and tenderness that her heart melted.
- Scientists are looking for genetic variation within the breed that would allow producers to choose sires based on the beef tenderness of their progeny and other characteristics.
- Having obtained the metacentric height, reference to a diagram will at once show the whole range of stability; and this being ascertained at each loading, the stowage of the cargo can be so adjusted as to avoid excessive stiffness in the one hand and dangerous tenderness on the other. Scientific American Supplement, No. 385, May 19, 1883
- The radiant beauty of the score, and the warm tenderness at the heart of it, are very moving.
- Possible side effects Breast tenderness, headaches, skin irritation.
- My brother-in-law went into another room, and madame de Bearn began to unswathe her foot in my presence with the utmost caution and tenderness. Memoirs of the Comtesse Du Barry, with minute details of her entire career as favorite of Louis XV. Written by herself
- Pancreatic disease is mainly distinguishable at palpation as tenderness.
- At this stage, the tenderness of meat can also be influenced by breaking it down physically.
- He felt a brief wave of tenderness towards his old teacher.
- My hands still bleed if I move my fingers too quickly, but the doc says the raw skin and general tenderness will gradually go away.