these preferences are temperately stated
in a sparing manner; without overindulgence
indulged temperately in cocktails
he ate and drank abstemiously
he used the privileges of his office temperately
How To Use temperately In A Sentence
- Of his style and manner, if we think first of the romance-poetry and then of Chaucers divine liquidness of diction, his divine fluidity of movement, it is difficult to speak temperately. The Study of Poetry
- The generals have promise to a point(appoint) a civilian as temperately (temporary) prime minister within two weeks and to hold elections in October of next year.
- O Almighty God and gracious Father of men and angels, who openest thy hand and fillest all things living with plenty; and hast provided for thy servant sufficient to satisfy all my needs: teach me to use thy creatures soberly and temperately, that I may not with loads of meat and drink make the temptations of my enemy to prevail upon me, or my spirit unapt for the performance of my duty, or my body healthless, or my affections sensual and unholy. Advice to a Young Man upon First Going to Oxford In Ten Letters, From an Uncle to His Nephew
- these preferences are temperately stated
- The air is temperately cold and moist, and for a corrective the natives use a dose of usquebaugh.
- I had carried Nat forth into the glade before the hut, where the sun might fall on him temperately, after a torrid day -- torrid, that is to say, on the heights, but in our hollow, pight about with the trees, the air had clung heavily. Sir John Constantine Memoirs of His Adventures At Home and Abroad and Particularly in the Island of Corsica: Beginning with the Year 1756
- Of his style and manner, if we think first of the romance-poetry and then of Chaucer's divine liquidness of diction, his divine fluidity of movement, it is difficult to speak temperately. Harvard Classics Volume 28 Essays English and American
- Upsets may occur, even painful misunderstandings and separations, yet the essential love remains, and might again flourish, more temperately. A Conversation With Joyce Carol Oates
- Lasciviously, this is one of the noticias de peru blastomycotic titian spelaeology, as intemperately as synezesis who are ignominious to skeletal up. Rational Review
- he used the privileges of his office temperately