[ US /ˈtɛɫəˌvɪʒən/ ]
[ UK /tˈɛlɪvˌɪʒən/ ]
[ UK /tˈɛlɪvˌɪʒən/ ]
broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects
she is a star of screen and video
Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done
- a telecommunication system that transmits images of objects (stationary or moving) between distant points
an electronic device that receives television signals and displays them on a screen
the British call a tv set a telly
How To Use television In A Sentence
- I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does. I-claudius Diary Entry
- On the seventh floor there is a big tea room where you can watch television and get a coffee while you wait for us to finish with Jason so you can give him a lift home.
- Many history stories have been worked over for television.
- The state broadcaster has been transmitting the Angelus on television for 40 years and longer on radio.
- The most important thing is to consider television and radio broadcast needs and any other issues that address coverage of the debate.
- He appears, at first sight, to be very like his urbane television character, the radio psychiatrist Dr Frasier Crane.
- This includes such items as telephones, radios, televisions and recording devices.
- This was the reality glossed over in television fiction; indignity, suspicion, denial of the decencies. DEATH AND TRANSFIGURATION
- The television coverage of the event was rather sparse.
- She hears nothing but the breeze rustling the curtains of her bedroom window, and the angry blare of the television coming from her father's bedroom.