[ US /ˈtɛɫəkɑm/ ]
- (often plural) systems used in transmitting messages over a distance electronically
How To Use telecom In A Sentence
- Karam also highlighted the authority's implementation of surface-to-surface communications applications and upgrading from Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network (AFTN) system to Aeronautical Message Handling System (AMHS). AME Info Latest News
- The town has rebuilt its economy around aerospace, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
- In Foshan, He Pinru's members include state-owned telecommunications and power companies, and real estate developers, who want to offer safe, good-quality food at employee canteens, he says. China's organic farms rooted in food-safety concerns
- He's made some bad ones, to be sure - he was notably burned by telecom companies during the dotcom bust - but over the course of a few decades of investing, Gilder has become known as a prescient technophile. Forbes.com: News
- Technological advances in computing and telecommunications will reduce the need for many people to travel to work.
- Given the state of the telecoms equipment market, it's no surprise to hear that this area was hit by a drop-off in spending and customer destocking.
- Stock in the FTSE 250 maker of telecoms testing equipment has risen nearly threefold in the space of a year. Times, Sunday Times
- That means telecoms can finally put fiber-optic lines into people's homes, where cables often run up against right angles and tight squeezes from the sidewalk to the house.
- The deal is expected to result in similar tie-ups between big media companies and telecommunications operators.
- The bandwidth of existing telecommunication networks is determined, in part, by the spots in the spectrum where attenuation in the fiber peaks.