the act of reducing taxation
the new administration's large tax cut was highly controversial
How To Use tax cut In A Sentence
- The promise of tax cuts proved, as always, to be the Republican Party's trump card.
- Tax cuts will leave more in people 's pockets to spend and $1 trillion of infrastructure investment will reinforce demand for labour for a decade. Times, Sunday Times
- They will block further tax cuts, except modest breaks for small businesses to ease the burden of a minimum wage increase.
- The president talked up the tax cut deal, talked up the one-year expensing of depreciable assets, vowed to veto any bill with earmarks, talked about cutting corporate tax rates, talked about streamlining government, even talked up medical malpractice reform. Love Train In The House!
- Last night, she again dodged a question about Social Security solvency and began a canard about tax cuts instead. Sound Politics: Post Debate and Beyond
- That surplus is being unexpectedly whittled away as the income tax cut and the economic slowdown lower federal tax receipts.
- The main drivers of this long-term fiscal gap are, in order, the spending growth associated with Medicare and Medicaid, the revenue losses from the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, and increases in Social Security costs ... Economists' Voice on Fiscal Policy, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- He used the occasion to announce further tax cuts.
- Labour is going to learn whether or not it is possible to resist the public clamour for tax cuts and still win a general election.
- But he underlined the need for the party to re-emphasise its tax cutting instincts.