- the act or art of making handmade lace
- needlework consisting of handmade lace made by looping and knotting a single thread on a small shuttle
How To Use tatting In A Sentence
- Tatting materials are few; all you need for lacemaking is thread, a shuttle or needle, and patterns.
- Application:Automatically inhale and trim thread. Apply to thick tatting and heavy materials, such as jeans, embroider, handbag, suitcase and bedding.
- The inspiration for Lalie Douglas's newest work, Frivolité, came from a 1753 painting by Louis Tocqué that hangs in the Louvre showing a woman making a type of knotted lace called tatting.
- They came to have elaborate patterns, often in matching sets for the various items of parlor furniture; they were either made at home using a variety of techniques such as crochet or tatting, or purchased. Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » Thursday Night Open Thread
- This necessitated frequent tacks, so that, overhead, the mainsail was ever swooping across from port tack to starboard tack and back again, making air-noises like the swish of wings, sharply rat-tat-tatting its reef points and loudly crashing its mainsheet gear along the traveller. CHAPTER III
- Today, this striking textile is made with a crochet hook, knitting needles, a tatting shuttle or a machine.
- Sara clasped her fingers tightly around the tatting shuttle and thread.
- Knitting, crocheting and tatting is not something that has always looked particularly hip when one, say, whips it out at a bar.
- The pounding of the cannon increased; there was the rat-tat-tatting of machine guns, and from somewhere came the menacing pocketa-pocketa-pocketa of the new flame-throwers.
- True princesses, though, like tatting lace, embroidery, balls, affairs of the state, and so on and so on.