- any of various western American plants of the genus Grindelia having resinous leaves and stems formerly used medicinally; often poisonous to livestock
- any of various resinous glandular plants of the genus Madia; of western North and South America
How To Use tarweed In A Sentence
- Although the slender tarweed described above has the same tar-like odor, it is not nearly as strong as that of this plant.
- Avena plants were larger and more tarweeds survived into the summer.
- These techniques can greatly reduce a population of tarweed, leaving very few plants to flower and set seed.
- Pods are deposited close to the basal growth of forbs such as tarweeds and Russian thistle.
- A good example would again be the Hemizonias, some of which have been called tarweeds and some tarplants.