[ US /ˈteɪpɝd/ ]
[ UK /tˈeɪpəd/ ]
[ UK /tˈeɪpəd/ ]
becoming gradually narrower
long tapering fingers
trousers with tapered legs
How To Use tapered In A Sentence
- Yes the win in Riesa was pleasing as I was wearing a normal costume and was unrested, unshaved and untapered so that's always a confidence boost
- The Queen pulled back on the cross, leaving the Governess holding the thin tapered dagger that had been concealed inside. 365 tomorrows » 2008 » May : A New Free Flash Fiction SciFi Story Every Day
- The magazine tube holds 10 rounds and the tapered octagon barrel is 20 inches long.
- The waist was small and tapered into a V, and the skirt flared out slightly, with filmy layers overlying the dress.
- My book reading has tapered off since discovering weblogs.
- It would be a Roman short sword called a gladius, about 27 inches long, 2 and a half inches wide, weighing three pounds, with a tapered point for thrusting and two sharp edges for cutting. Peacemakers:
- All members with the exception of the collar ties and wind braces are mortised and tenoned together with long tapered pins that secure the joints.
- The mass concentration by tapered elemental oscillating microbalance was on average slightly lower than mass concentration measured by filter, but there was good agreement.
- With the right side down, fold all the flaps in towards the middle, and crease using your popsicle stick or paper creaser(sometimes these are called “bone folders” though they are generally made from plastic nowadays). glue the large side flap over the top of the folded in bottom (the tapered end is the top) and opposite side flap. Printer-Friendly Grocery Shopping: Brown Paper Seed Packet Business Cards Tutorial
- There are four tapered baguette diamonds set in two prong heads.