[ US /ˈdaʊ, ˈtaʊ/ ]
- the ultimate principle of the universe
- an adherent of any branch of Taoism
How To Use Tao In A Sentence
- It is a good service to provide for your listeners so we don't have to pause the show find whatever your looking at and then come back. aria on August 22, 2009 3: 04 pm intro is a cover of the airman stage on rockman 2. its called airman ga taosenai, u can find lots of versions of it on nico nico douga Anime Pulse » Shows
- Taormina fell behind with a rough start in fencing, which is new to her, but made up the gap quickly in the swim and overhauled the leaders in the run to finish with 5,704 points in her debut. USATODAY.com - Athlete of the Week breezes through Windy City
- We can perceive Lu Xun's authentic attitude to Tao Yuanming's reclusion from his high estimation of Tao Yuan ming.
- Hao purrfekt, hoo but an evol kitteh wud maek a goggie ware gi-normus antlars n pull a sley all ovar taown? I must stop Christmas from coming… - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
- When he died in 1995, she and her younger brother, Te Rakaherea, became the guardians of Sir Maui's writings, his taonga and even his mana.
- The unprecedented remarks by CSIS Director Richard Fadden were broadcast late on Tuesday, a day before Chinese Premier Hu Jintao was due to arrive in Canada on a formal visit.
- He may be anÂignorantÂor thoughtless person, but I no more think he is a homophobe for using the word "faggot" than I believe any of you areÂhomophobesÂfor using the word "sissy. Scott Mendelson: Thoughts On The Brett Ratner Mess: When Explicit Slurs Become Part Of Everyday Language And How To Deal With Their Casual And Out-of-Context Use
- The purple-ringed Anguillaria dioica, first seen on Pyramid Hill, again appeared here; and in many places the ground was quite yellow with the flowers of the cichoraceous plant tao whose root, small as it is, constitutes the food of the native women and children. Three Expeditions into the Interior of Eastern Australia, Volume 2
- The phrase "axial age" has been used to describe the relatively brief period of time -- roughly 700 years -- when the great religions of the world arose: Hinduism and Buddhism in India; Confucianism and Taoism in China; and monotheism in the Middle East. The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
- Yet while Taoist teachings were unsystematic and emphasized quietism and inspiration, Buddhism offered a systematic philosophical framework and a tradition of textual scholarship.