[ US /ˈtænəˌɫaɪzɪŋɫi, ˈtæntəˌɫaɪzɪŋɫi/ ]
in a tantalizing manner
she smiled at him tantalizingly
How To Use tantalizingly In A Sentence
- She was wearing… something not quite like a jumpsuit, not a blouse or dress, but unlike any evening gown I had ever heard of: white and tantalisingly semi-transparent in places.
- As tantalizingly similar as they may appear, enantiomorphs cannot be reconciled.
- In their Hawk Jets they will perform manoeuvres including the 'apollo loop' a spectacular upside-down loop, the 'heart to double roll' and the 'twizzle', with the finale of the 'viken break' an incredible move that will see the jets zoom away in different directions in the shape of a fan after flying tantalisingly close together in a pyramid formation. Whitehaven News headlines
- Tantalizingly, they say that doing this would create "a market-based view of future output and the likelihood of severe shocks, " although they do not explain how this market would be structured.
- Such pieces are sometimes tantalisingly listed in inventories, but specific descriptive information about their precise shape, size, decoration, and origins is rarely provided.
- Six weeks ago, a flurry of announcements saw the promise of peace dangle tantalisingly before some of Africa's most wretched countries.
- But details of the raid are still tantalisingly incomplete. Times, Sunday Times
- An idyllic spot of woodland might hove into view, but tantalisingly only as a remote island in an ocean of ploughed fields.
- I could almost smell freedom tantalizingly wafting past as I walked to my bus stop, my twenty-pound rollable backpack rumbling along behind me, carrying my textbooks.
- He even hung by one hand, tantalizingly just beyond reach, and mocked them as they gnashed their tusks with impotent rage. CHAPTER III