- a mineral consisting of tantalum oxide of iron and manganese that occurs with niobite or in coarse granite; an ore of tantalum
How To Use tantalite In A Sentence
- With the cell phone industry booming, the park's resources and wildlife are under massive strain from miners seeking colombo-tantalite, also known as coltan or tantalum.
- There are also deposits of tantalite, iron ore, uranium, copper, gold, and diamonds.
- It occurs most commonly in the minerals columbite, tantalite, and microlite.
- There's a crucial element in the manufacture of cell phones, laptops and the like called columbite-tantalite (or coltan). Latest Articles
- Tantalum is recovered from ore minerals such as columbite and tantalite. Tantalum
- Coltan is the industrial name for columbitetantalite. Times, Sunday Times
- In older Glossaries there were listings following both columbite and tantalite that referred the reader to ferrocolumbite, magnocolumbite, manganocolumbite, and so on.
- A previous study of the columbite-tantalite series minerals indicated a similar change for tin, tantalum, niobium, and manganese.
- True, but names such as apatite, apophyllite, chlorite, serpentine, and tantalite are very common names that appear frequently in the world of a beginning collector, so their absence from references can only lead to frustration.
- On Boing Boing Gadgets, this wrenching video in which Eve Ensler explains that Congolese militias use rape to enforce discipline among a slave workforce that mines columbite-tantalite ore, a common raw material for many devices. Boing Boing