- a Tibetan religious painting on fabric
- a form of Japanese poetry; the 1st and 3rd lines have five syllables and the 2nd, 4th, and 5th have seven syllables
How To Use tanka In A Sentence
- A tanka is a 31 syllable poem that pre-dates the Haiku. BC Bloggers
- He poured a tankard of beer, and placed it between the acrobat's feet, eliciting an oath as he deliberately spilt some over his crotch.
- The Tokyo market was slightly lower, weighed by the Bank of Japan's tankan survey for December, which showed that sentiment among big manufact urers deteriorated for the first time in seven quarters, although the outcome was slightly better than economists' expectations. Asia Mostly Down; Tankan Hurts Japan
- She awoke slowly, her head throbbing as it had the time she had taken a whole tankard of ale on a dare from the boys.
- The tankard was a wedding gift from her husband, and a Dutch wedding scene is graven on the lid. Home Life in Colonial Days
- Nothing was too much trouble for her to do in the way of helping us, and oftentimes tears would bedim her eyes as she looked at me and baby, who always laughed at her; perhaps thinking of her loneliness after we were gone, perhaps of the possibility of our not returning to Tankar, and even of the uncertainty of life in the far interior. With the Tibetans in Tent and Temple: Narrative of Four Years' Residence on the Tibetan Borders, and of a Journey into the Far Interior
- Normally less than 5% meat meal and tankage are used in growing and finishing diets for pigs and less than 10% in diets for brood sows and poultry.
- Tanka came in a variety of sizes and were often painted on cotton or silk.
- Nukeba tamachiru nagai no yaiba da nure kami de mo kayo ni kireru, tadaima yatsu ga wo kiri chi wo tomete goran ni ireru; to maru de kiru yo [u] desu ga ha (yaiba) no aru tokoro wa madzu no kata bakari de, moto no kata wa yaiba ga hiite aru yue, sono ha hiku no tokoro wo ude he ataru to suji ga tsuku bakari de kire washimasen ga, tanka ga kireru kara, chiwa taki-tsu se no gotoku nagareru. The Yotsuya Kwaidan or O'Iwa Inari Tales of the Tokugawa, Volume 1 (of 2)
- Tankadhar's village falls under Lapanga gram panchayat which is surrounded by industrial units whose dependency on ground water has gone up in recent times. The Hindu - Front Page