[ US /ˈtændəm/ ]
[ UK /tˈændəm/ ]
[ UK /tˈændəm/ ]
one behind the other
riding horses down the path in tandem
ride tandem on a bicycle built for two
- an arrangement of two or more objects or persons one behind another
- a bicycle with two sets of pedals and two seats
How To Use tandem In A Sentence
- The rigid collar and tandem harness allowed teams to pull with equal strength and greater efficiency.
- Volui animum tandem confirmare hodie meum, ut bene me haberem filiai nuptiis. venio ad macellum, rogito pisces: indicant caros; agninam caram, caram bubulam, vitulinam, cetum, porcinam: cara omnia. atque eo fuerunt cariora, aes non erat. abeo iratus illinc, quoniam nihil est qui emam. Amphitryo, Asinaria, Aulularia, Bacchides, Captivi Amphitryon, The Comedy of Asses, The Pot of Gold, The Two Bacchises, The Captives
- It cannot have gone unnoticed that our global power has waned in tandem with the waning of our pants. Times, Sunday Times
- And, in tandem with that, we have changes in printing technology, which have enormously reduced the cost of printing and publishing, even in traditional book form.
- When two men in full vintage tweed regalia arrived at the finish line on their tandem (a tandem! Times, Sunday Times
- Conclusions: Short tandem repeats are the major genetic markers used in medicine.
- Make a thrilling 10,000 ft tandem skydive attached to a professional instructor, or take a ‘Static Line’ jump performed solo from up to 3,000 ft.
- ride tandem on a bicycle built for two
- The tandem skydive of 1992 features heavily. Times, Sunday Times
- The database schema needs to be developed in tandem with pseudocode, so that you don't wind up with orphaned code or database calls that are excessively resource-intensive.