[ US /ˈtæmɪɫ, təˈmɪɫ/ ]
- a member of the mixed Dravidian and Caucasian people of southern India and Sri Lanka
- the Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil in southern India and Sri Lanka
of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself
Tamil agglutinative phrases
How To Use Tamil In A Sentence
- A range of software, shareware and applications emerge nearly every other day from different corners of the Tamil speaking world.
- It is phonologically impossible since Tamil has no [z] sound and since the retroflex approximant sometimes romanized < z > cannot appear in initial position.
- Drought is wreaking havoc in the Thanjavur belt of Tamil Nadu.
- Besides the majority Sinhala Buddhists, the nation also includes Sri Lankan Tamils, Tamils of recent Indian origin, Muslims, and Burghers, descendants of intermarriages between Sri Lankans and Europeans.
- These are Bengali, Tamil, and Malay, spoken in south and southeast Asia.
- Not to mention that one reason the Tamil situation doesn’t arise much here is that the US has no dog whatever in that fight – no AIPAC pushing for US policy in that arena, no billionaires from the region paying Democrats and Republicans campaign money to push US support for the related countries, no scumbags like SLC arguing for “Hama Rules” on the Tamil Tigers. Matthew Yglesias » Do Critics of Israeli Policy Whine Too Much?
- The history of Tamil invasions against the only homeland that the Buddhist Sinhalese possess is not just the stuff of ancient history, but a living reality underpinned by latter-day Tamil terrorism. Buddha’s Savage Peace
- Flaying the Hindu practice of smearing ash or saffron or sporting a 'tilak' on the forehead for yet another time, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi questioned the need for 'such things in a country which preached equality of all religions'. The Financial Express
- But on Wednesday, facing a volley of questions from his fans from different parts of Tamil Nadu might not have been that easy.
- Our texts use Sanskrit, Pali and Tamil, but we do not know Tamil.