look on as or consider
He thinks of himself as a brilliant musician
she looked on this affair as a joke
He is reputed to be intelligent
How To Use take to be In A Sentence
- This is the dormitive I take to bedward; I need no other laudanum than this to make me sleep; after which I close mine eyes in security, content to take my leave of the sun, and sleep unto the resurrection. Religio Medici
- After stabbing to death poor Jesus in a quest to possess his dark brujo magic, and then abruptly chaining a shirtless Bill and Eric to a stake to be burned, Marnie's reign of terror is thwarted by a gaggle of Halloween ghosts, led by Sookie's Gran who yanks the bitch out of Lafayette's throat and the return of Antonia, who jointly convince Marnie to release her rage and rest in peace. Finale Review: HBO's Sunday Night
- I believe that tree is a maple; you tell me it's really an elm; that will defeat my belief that it's a maple if I think you know what you are talking about and aim to tell the truth, but not if I think you are even less arboreally informed than I, or that there is only a 50-50 chance that you are telling what you take to be the truth. Warranted Christian Belief
- Using this information, HP is able to recommend specific actions the company can take to become more agile.
- It was the sort of idea that might easily decondition the more unsettled minds among the higher castesmake them lose their faith in happiness as the Sovereign Good and take to believing, instead, that the goal was somewhere beyond, somewhere outside the present human sphere, that the purpose of life was not the maintenance of well-being, but some intensification and refining of consciousness, some enlargement of knowledge. Brave New World
- For (he added), as regards control of appetite and self-indulgence,125 she had received the soundest education, and that I take to be the most important matter in the bringing-up of man or woman. Oeconomicus
- _Dukes-couper_ I take to be a petty dealer in ducks or poultry, and to be used in a reproachful sense, as we find "pedlar," "jockey," &c. Notes and Queries, Number 69, February 22, 1851 A Medium of Inter-communication for Literary Men, Artists, Antiquaries, Genealogists, etc.
- My wife mistakenly applied for tourist visa instead of H4 n got rejected, when can she reapply and any chance? how long it will take to be a subinspector from prelim exam to appointment? Yahoo! Answers: Latest Questions
- There is a thin line between Schadenfreude, which I take to be measured satisfaction in the discomfiture of opponents, and the sin of morose delectation.
- At the heart of the book is James's description of the democratic temperament, which I take to be a healthy corrective to the distemper that characterizes so much of politics today.