imitate in behavior; take as a model
Teenagers follow their friends in everything
be similar to a relative
She takes after her father!
How To Use take after In A Sentence
- You should take after your sister who is a diligent student.
- They prolong the effect of a neurotransmitter by blocking its reuptake after it ferries a signal across the gap from one nerve cell to the next.
- That was so hard to take after another amazing game. The Sun
- Pad and pencil were more than Glover could take after a long night under the weight of his thought.
- On May 22, a trial had to be aborted when the jury heard inadmissible evidence by mistake after a garda giving that evidence had failed to hear the judge's order.
- Take after feeding. Do not exceed the recommended intake. Wash and dry the spoon thoroughly after use (not in a steam steriliser).
- I have no doubt that an English farmeress in her circumstances would have the neatest little parlour, a tidy maid to wait upon her, and most likely take afternoon tea in a black silk gown. East of Paris Sketches in the Gâtinais, Bourbonnais, and Champagne
- Mediobanca is being forced to acquire the 10 percent stake after secretly buying that much in October.
- While waiting for the hole to close, your child's doctor may prescribe medicines, many of which some children also need to take after surgery.
- He speaks loudly in a kind of un-modulated American southern croak, which is hard to take after a while. . . Inmate David Duke