- scientific instrument used by psychologists; presents visual stimuli for brief exposures
How To Use tachistoscope In A Sentence
- An electronic tachistoscope capable of exposing photographs from 1 ms to 1000 ms was used.
- The simple java application is based on the tachistoscope, a rapid image recognition device. A Book is Just a Very Long Text Message, Arnold Kling | EconLog | Library of Economics and Liberty
- We are not programmed to remember lists of numbers or nonwords, presented in isolation via a tachistoscope or a computer screen - the favoured method of ‘studying memory’ in the 1960s and 1970s.
- Researcher James Vicary has installed a tachistoscope, a machine that can inject subliminal images of tiny fractions of a second-far below that of a person's conscious threshold. Jeffmilner.com
- Pilots used a pacing tool called a tachistoscope that flashed images before their eyes at increasing speeds.
- For each trial, the experimenter placed a stimulus card in the tachistoscope and checked that all the switches were reset.
- A device called a tachistoscope was used during WWII to help fighter pilots identify aircraft silhouettes. Speed Reading: Fact or Fiction? « Articles « Literacy News
- In laboratory tests, split brains look at objects through a tachistoscope that presents information to only one hemisphere or look at image that is flashed briefly to one side of the visual field. Archive 2006-10-01
- The test required subjects to determine the identity of nonsense syllables presented in a tachistoscope when, unknown to the subjects, no syllables were present.
- Participants were asked to look through the central eyepiece of the tachistoscope and fixate their eyes at the central point, following a ready signal.