[ UK /sˈaʊθ/ ]
[ US /ˈsaʊθ/ ]
[ US /ˈsaʊθ/ ]
- the direction corresponding to the southward cardinal compass point
- a location in the southern part of a country, region, or city
- the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
in a southern direction
we moved south
situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the south
the south entrance
How To Use south In A Sentence
- The prehensile tail porcupine in South American actually lives in the treetops.
- Two more debates are scheduled in the coming weeks, one debate dealing with education and health will be held in Irbid next week and the final week before elections the southern city of Karak will witness a candidates debate on agriculture and development. Daoud Kuttab: Jordanian Candidate Uses Debate to Call for Curtailing King's Powers
- For Brown, visiting Gill at South Fork is a six-hour schlep that he's managed only three times.
- And I think the resort is about 25% overpriced, considering the worn-down state of the place and the fact you can get a two-night package at the definitely more upmarket Avillion in Port Dickson (also not really PD, but a dozen kilometres south) from about RM800 as well. Vacations: Tiara Beach Resort — Fusion Despatches
- Bisbee is located about 90 minutes southeast of Tucson; take I-10 east to Benson, turning south on Highway 80.
- The embassy had been shut down due to Mongolia's support for South Korea's "sunshine policy" of conciliation toward the North.
- Commissioned in 1963 to make a film about America's first successful quintuplet birth, Leacock and Joyce Chopra captured the quints' mother's anxiety at her sudden celebrity and the surrounding South Dakota community's eagerness to cash in on it. The Man Who Held Up a Mirror to America
- Rob also reckons that the south-west coast of Ireland has some of the best sailing grounds in the world - particularly around Roaring Water Bay in West Cork.
- _The Terrace at Berne_ has been already dealt with, but that mood for epicede, which was so frequent in Mr Arnold, finds in the _Carnac_ stanzas adequate, and in _A Southern Night_ consummate, expression. Matthew Arnold
- The market opened 100 booths selling South Korean clothes on 2,600 square meters of floor last August.