[ US /ˈsəm/ ]
[ UK /sˈʌm/ ]
[ UK /sˈʌm/ ]
relatively many but unspecified in number
we did not meet again for some years
they were here for some weeks
(quantifier) used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity
have some milk
some roses were still blooming
having some friends over
that was some party
she is some skier
relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent
he was still some distance away
we talked for some time
(of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
he's about 30 years old
lasted approximately an hour
I've had about all I can stand
some forty people came
20 or so people were at the party
holds 3 gallons, more or less
weighs around a hundred pounds
in just about a minute
we meet about once a month
How To Use some In A Sentence
- It's good to have a cry sometimes.
- Some were members of Turkey's elite military class known as "pashas," a title of respect harking back to Ottoman military commanders Monday for allegedly planning to blow up mosques in order to trigger a military takeover and overthrow the WN.com - Photown News
- These observations will provide a valuable supplement to the simultaneous records of other expeditions, especially the British in McMurdo Sound and the German in Weddell Sea, above all as regards the hypsometer observations (for the determination of altitude) on sledge journeys. The South Pole~ Remarks on the Meteorological Observations at Framheim
- Not bad for someone who failed to shine at school and feared he would end up in a coalyard. The Sun
- It would not be so bad if these tests were actually based on science or some objective measure but they are usually exercises in bureaucratic futility. Barack Obama Elected President of the United States | One Year Later...What's Changed?
- Watching celebs suffer from hunger and lack of home comforts is somehow really entertaining. The Sun
- Some of the crew went off-shift, stringing up hybrid bunks and hammocks belowdecks, the others continued working.
- He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
- A heart will not be hurt for pursuing a dream, when you truly want something, all the universe conspires to help you complete the.
- Before Malfurion could ask who she meant, Tyrande brought the glaive up in a salute and murmured something in the hidden tongue of the Sisterhood. WORLD OF WARCRAFT STORMRAGE