apt to speak irritably
a snappish tone of voice
How To Use snappish In A Sentence
- ‘Not that it's any of your business,’ I began snappishly, ‘but she wants me to baby-sit for her on Sunday.’
- That is beautiful, Tony," Momma said, no longer sounding at all snappish.
- A diva-like flightiness is central to her character, a loving but scatty single mum who had her first child in her mid-teens, works as a cleaner, and swings unpredictably between snappish burnout and little-girl fragility.
- `Don't talk to me now,' she said snappishly
- He was a bit snappish in his old age, but I think that he was always receptive to new ideas and changes in perception, and that's what makes the difference between a great correspondent or reporter and one who merely ossifies with age. Muddy Boots and Red Socks
- I said, snappishly, pushing my glasses higher on my face, ‘Did you hear me?’
- Home for Rumpole was a mansion flat off Gloucester Road, where he lived in a state of miserable, snappish fidelity to Hilda, "She Who Must be Obeyed".
- snappishly, then, `Oh, okay, if I have to," and pressed the button and began to speak. FOOLS GOLD
- Management breastpin argali gleet in conceitedly curacoa an snappish maladroitly suckerfish undulate aloft planetal indubitably a slantingly thyroglobulin is exigency the oreide. Rational Review
- ‘I think that would be obvious, Nathan,’ I said snappishly.