- a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
How To Use simple machine In A Sentence
- Some of these were learning simple machine operations, and a few were able to handle contragravity vehicles that had been fitted with adequate safety devices. Space Viking
- Safeguard from simple machine oneself can make more sophisticated shoemaking machine now.
- Here is the head of another Fashionable Foreigner [_shews the head_], a very simple machine; for he goes upon one spring, self-interest. A Lecture On Heads As Delivered By Mr. Charles Lee Lewes, To Which Is Added, An Essay On Satire, With Forty-Seven Heads By Nesbit, From Designs By Thurston, 1812
- All the same, it's rather embarrassing when I score lower than a technophobe when trying to figure out how to use a simple machine.
- After investigating at school, Sid discovers that a pulley is the perfect simple machine to help lift heavy things up to high places, like a tree house! email reminder Undefined
- In his work Mi'yar al-'aqul ibn Sina defines simple machines and combinations of them which involve rollers, levers, windlasses, pulleys, and many others.
- In the lecture some concepts of the emerging science of chaology are illustrated by means of a simple machine.
- A simple machine, hand operated, can be had for a couple of hundred pounds, the dies preferably of hard brass although zincos are ok for short runs.