[ US /ˈsɪmɝ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪmɐ/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪmɐ/ ]
temperature just below the boiling point
the stew remained at a simmer for hours
boil slowly at low temperature
simmer the sauce
How To Use simmer In A Sentence
- Add white soy sauce and milk, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- This is a case of simmering rage and resentment at the stick from outsiders, which will come nicely to the boil at 8pm tonight. The Sun
- It contains fried tofu, mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, onion and squash all simmered in a spicy sauce and sprinkled with scallions and sesame. Bento #120: Korean stew « Were rabbits
- When the water begins to simmer, set the timer for 6 minutes for a "squidgy" centre and 7 minutes for a hard centre. Archive 2007-04-01
- In a medium saucepan, bring the lobster stock reduction to a boil, add the cream, and simmer until reduced by half.
- Is there continuing jubilation, or has it simmered down a lot?
- Ballymaloe take a more seasonal approach to things by using redcurrant rather than lemon juice, made by simmering a couple of punnets of the astringent little fruits with water, and then pushing them through a sieve. How to make perfect strawberry jam
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 8 minutes, skimming the froth from the surface. Times, Sunday Times
- This then simmers for half an hour before being baked for an hour in a pan layered with very stale bread, Gruyere cheese, and the onion soup mixture.
- For the broth, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, simmer the white wine for one minute.