[ UK /sˈɪlvəfɪʃ/ ]
- silver-grey wingless insect found in houses feeding on book bindings and starched clothing
- a silvery variety of Carassius auratus
How To Use silverfish In A Sentence
- Mushroom bodies in thysanuran insects (silverfish) lack calyces.
- Only one thysanuran is of particular economic importance in the United States, the silverfish or " slicker’.
- I doubt so, the pages would have been eaten by moths and silverfish long before the work became public domain.
- The bristletails and silverfish both have two long cerci, and between this a caudal appendage.
- A small, wingless insect (Thermobia domestica) related to the silverfish and inhabiting warm areas of buildings, as around furnaces or boilers.
- But during studies of the foraging behavior of Weddell seals, the researchers acquired considerable data on two important fish species: the Antarctic silverfish and the Antarctic toothfish.
- But pesticide is not always the solution: silverfish only live in humid conditions, so a dehumidifier in your bathroom will probably get rid of them.
- Silverfish and firebrats are active at night and hide during the day.
- Labels: kee thuan chye, malaysian authors, malaysian english, marshall cavendish, shirley lim, silverfish posted by bibliobibuli at 11: 16 PM Shirley Shines
- The owner of a ‘filthy’ Hull bakery which was found to have an infestation of ants, silverfish and grain beetle has been fined £6,000 for a catalogue of offences that could have led to serious food poisoning.