- a nitrate used in making photographic emulsions; also used in medicine as a cautery and as a topical antibacterial agent
How To Use silver nitrate In A Sentence
- The breath sample is bubbled in one vial through a mixture of sulfuric acid, potassium dichromate, silver nitrate and water.
- Most of his predecessors had to rely on the wet plate process, which required traveling darkrooms in which the plates were coated with collodion, sensitized with silver nitrate, and then developed following exposure.
- Other processes of quantitative analysis, such as the Soxhlet method of fat determination and the silver nitrate method of determining the total purins, are either demonstrated or their essential manipulations carried out by the student himself. University of Virginia Record
- Medicines like silver nitrate, belladonna, chalk powder and peppermint water were used extensively.
- Finally, if the results of Vargas et al are confirmed in properly designed, controlled, double-blind studies in humans, silver nitrate could become the sclerosant of choice, given its wide availability and inexpensiveness.
- Conclusion The silver nitrate TRAP method with high sensitivity and specificity can be performed in a shoner period with smaller dose of bioptic tissue.
- To make a calotype, uncoated sheets of writing paper are covered with a silver nitrate solution, dried and then dipped in potassium iodide to make silver iodide.
- It is then titrated with decinormal silver nitrate till a drop of the solution is turned brown with neutral chromate. Scientific American Supplement, No. 324, March 18, 1882
- This was the discovery of the 'black reaction' (reazione nera), based on nervous tissue hardening in potassium bichromate and impregnation with silver nitrate. Life and Discoveries of Camillo Golgi
- Non-fluorescent techniques for visualizing comets based on staining with silver nitrate have also been used.