- any of various deciduous trees of the genus Halesia having white bell-shaped flowers
How To Use silver bell In A Sentence
- Lord Thomas his mither says that Fair Annet has no ‘gowd and gear’; yet later on we find that Annet’s father can provide her with a horse shod with silver and gold, and four-and-twenty silver bells in his mane; she is attended by a large company, her cleading skinkles, and her belt is of pearl. Ballads of Romance and Chivalry Popular Ballads of the Olden Times - First Series
- The rose is represented musically by high notes played on flutes and little silver bells.
- And at his call the stanch hearts unite into one great, strong heart, deep and sensitive as a silver bell not yet cast. Mother
- Then she laughed, and her laughter was as silver bells rung tunably, and she said: "But where is the cup for the drinking? The Well at the World's End: a tale
- And I knew the 'Paches well enough, God help me; I was even married to one for a spell, banns, beads, buffalo-dance and all, and a spanking little wild beast she was, too, with her peach-brown satin skin and hot black eyes, and those white doeskin leggings up to her thighs with the tiny silver bells all down the sides ... Isabelle
- Finally, the fashion spread partially into Europe; to Greece even, and to polished Rome, in so far as regarded the ankle-belts, and the other ornamental appendages, with the single exception of the silver bells; these were too entirely in the barbaresque taste, to support themselves under the frown of European culture. Theological Essays and Other Papers — Volume 2
- a light lilting voice like a silver bell
- Eva stood, flinging her arms up in the air, her bracelets jingling like tiny silver bells.
- The brook tinkled like silver bells.
- Clarionlike, clear as the chimes of a silver bell, rang now that childish voice -- rang out, and rang out again -- and the crutch was gone -- and the lame boy ran, ran -- _ran_! The Miracle Man