[ US /ˈsɪɫinəs/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪlinəs/ ]
[ UK /sˈɪlinəs/ ]
- an impulsive scatterbrained manner
a ludicrous folly
the crowd laughed at the absurdity of the clown's behavior
How To Use silliness In A Sentence
- Silliness in stories is more or less excusable, since they are not even supposed to be believed. Martin Pippin in the Apple Orchard
- These are all lonely, arguably damaged people, and once you get past the silliness it's all rather crushingly sad. TV highlights 10/08/201: Timothy Spall: Back At Sea | The Sopranos | Who Do You Think You Are? | 24 Hours in A&E | Forbidden Love
- If Ratzinger wants to stay in Italy and scare school kids by telling them God is watching when they French kiss or masturbate, that is his sexual silliness. Joe Cutbirth: The Pope Can't Get Away With This
- Perhaps they will dub it the age of unreason, petty bureaucracy and utter silliness. Times, Sunday Times
- The constant barrage of earnestly delivered silliness should win over even the hardest hearts.
- Dhaif-Allah went on splashing out his water, sure that after we had finished with our silliness someone would yet need and buy his greenstuff. Seven Pillars of Wisdom
- Of course, being the first story arc after the One More Day silliness, this arc is going to have to live up to some stringent standards, like whether this story's quality was contingent upon it being a single Spider-Man (which is questionable, as the best aspects of this comic were the old-fashioned superhero stuff and the return of the supporting cast - neither of which hinged on Peter being married) and forcing the new potential love interest to be compared instantly to Mary Jane, which is a tough comparison for a new character, although Carlie Cooper hold up pretty well, I think (she even has an alliterative name!) as the nerdy, yet attractive, police scientist roommate/best friend of Harry Osborn's new girlfriend. The Amazing Spider-Man #546-548 Review | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources
- Our rivalry in the old days was the silliness of youth. The Sun
- For here is the genius of the Welsh fabulists in 21 compact episodes; where intense silliness, moral rigour, cavalier experiments and unforgettable tunes meet and make magic.
- Those of us subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (don't get me started on this silliness) in the middle-class and in the upper-income class will not have to worry about it for now.