- an ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean (4,000 miles); followed by Marco Polo in the 13th century to reach Cathay
How To Use Silk Road In A Sentence
- This old Silk Road linked China with the West in ancient times.
- The former silk road oasis of Hetian perches on the edge of China's Taklimakan Desert, a gravelly wasteland of scrub and rock. China Feels the Heat
- What with the silk road and the spread of Buddhism and all, I guess it's conceivable that there's some historical connection, but in this case it was just an unscholarly expedient on my part.
- Based on a song dating back to the days of the brigands who preyed on Silk Road travellers, now its message is more benign; its melodies are played by Toir Kuziyev on various string instruments Turkish saz and Arabic oud, as well as doutar.
- It first prospered as a stop at the edge of a desert stretch of The Silk Road, the ancient overland trade route between China and Europe.
- Equally pleasing is the news that Mori is currently at work on another series, Otoyomegatari, which takes place along the Silk Road trade routes. 13 « November « 2009 « The Manga Curmudgeon
- Many Chinese people might have forgotten that pipa the traditional Chinese instrument, was actually introduced to China along the Silk Road.
- This was a Silk Road which enabled the ancient men to peregrinate from West Asia.
- When Chinese porcelains made their way to Europe via the Silk Road, Europeans quickly began trying to make their own. Art, Technology, Design, Crisscrossing the Globe
- The most obvious features are the tall watchtowers scattered across the Silk Road to provide advance warning of Xiongnu attack.